The air is finally starting to feel crisp here in Southern California. While I love the colors of fall, I’m not quite ready for cooler weather. I can’t believe we are almost in December. The other day I was telling my friend that summer is officially over once we hit December here in SoCal. I am not ready. This spring/summer/fall was too amazing.
However, Thanksgiving is around the corner (literally) and I have a lot to be thankful for!
Since am trying to get into the fall/winter spirit, I decided to make sweet potato tots. Nothing says Thanksgiving to me quite like potatoes. While I love mashed potatoes, I decided to be a little adventurous with this tots recipe.
Sriracha ketchup makes the perfect dipping sauce for these tots, and really, all things in life!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grate the sweet potato with a cheese grater.
- Using multiple paper towels, squeeze excess juice out of the sweet potatoes.
- Add all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Use a tablespoon to form tater tot sized logs.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until crispy.
The Bear left me about 4 tater tots, so you may want to double this recipe because it is seriously tasty. Typically the Bear turns his nose up to anything with sweet potatoes so that’s saying something! If you haven’t noticed, I use the Bear as my guide to healthy, yet delicious, recipes because he can be a wee bit picky.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Happy Thanksgiving!!!