Most of the time after a hard day at work and the gym, the last thing I feel like doing is cooking an elaborate dinner. Before my lifestyle change, I would buy frozen dinners filled with icky preservatives and chemicals. Since I don’t eat that way anymore, I have been experimenting with quick dinner ideas. Last night I made Feta Pita Pizzas.
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil, run knife through
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- Turn on the oven broiler.
- On a pizza stone (or cookie sheet), top each pita with ¼ of the grapeseed oil, basil, cherry tomatoes, shallot, and feta, respectively.
- Put the pizza stone in the oven for 3-5 minutes until the pita pizza is crispy and hot.
I find the a pizza stone gets the pita a little crispier than a cookie sheet.
The tomato, basil, feta make a perfectly light combination, but you could use more american toppings if preferred. The Bear doesn’t like feta, so he got mozzarella cheese instead. For more protein, you could throw on a few pine nuts… I thought of that after I devoured my pizza.
You might even want to try this recipe on a grill!!! That would make for incredibly crisp pita pizza. With a side of grilled artichokes… I can envision it now!
Now for the RANDOM GIVEAWAY WINNER!
The winner is:
Beth Gylling! Beth entered the giveaway through Facebook, Instagram, and on my blog, but it was her Instagram entry that won the Yurbuds!
Email your info to jillienne [at] chasingraspberries [dot] com and I will send these earphones out to you right away.