One good thing I ate over the weekend were these Reese’s Protein Pancakes. I made this recipe last weekend and was telling my mom about the recipe over the phone. Even though I wasn’t sure of this recipe was blog worthy, my mom encouraged me to share it.
I mean, who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter?! It’s probably the best flavor combination of all time. I threw a little honey and a few slices of bananas on top for good measure. If you are feeling a little adventurous you could add a few bits of bacon on top too… just a thought.
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond meal
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- ⅔ mashed banana
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop of liquid Stevia
- Splash of almond milk to loosen batter
- crunchy peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- Combine almond meal, cocoa powder, egg, vanilla extract and stevia in bowl.
- Add mashed banana to the batter and use a splash of almond milk to loosen the batter if needed.
- Pour batter on a skillet over medium heat. Cook each side of the pancake for 3-5 minutes.
- Top the pancake with crunchy peanut butter, honey, and a few slices of banana.
Instead of using protein powder for this recipe, I used almond meal once again. Almond meal is becoming a staple in my recipes these days.
Yup, that’s a paper plate! The migraine I had Sunday really threw my blog schedule for a loop. Normally I create recipes for the blog on the weekend, and I just didn’t have time for them this week. Lucky for me, I take pictures of just about everything I eat, and do, for that matter. Who else do you know who takes pictures of her migraine experience?! Probably just this crazy person…