Happy 4th of July! It’s going to be a great day. First of all, I have the day off from work today. Second, the morning started with Patriotic Protein Pancake, see recipe below. And third, I’m buying a new laptop today!
I have had this old beast for the last …ummm… SIX years! It is well past time for a new computer, especially now that I am blogging. The plan is to hit up Best Buy, Costco and Fry’s, so I can find the ultimate new computer. Though, I’m leaning towards this beauty.
After laptop shopping, the Bear and I are going to catch the local fireworks show, which is never disappointing.
Thing 1 and Thing 2 even got a little festive for you guys! Meaning they had to suffer through a mini photo op… though they never seem to mind.
Trader Joe’s was having a great sale on organic blueberries and raspberries the other day, so I bought a bunch.
As I mentioned above, I started the morning with Patriotic Protein Pancakes. I first discovered protein pancakes from Brittany and have fallen in love with these breakfast delights. However, I switched the recipe up a bit to make it a little tastier.
- 1 egg
- 1 heaping tablespoon of brown rice protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of Trader Joe’s Ground Blueberry Flax Seed
- ½ banana, mashed
- 1 sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of unsweetened vanilla AlmondBreeze
- Dollop of organic vanilla Greek yogurt
- Handful of fresh blueberries and raspberries, or berries of choice
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, brown rice protein powder, flax seed, cinnamon, and AlmondBreeze until all the clumps are smooth.
- Mix in the mashed banana.
- On a skillet over medium head, pour the mixture.
- Heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Top the pancake with greek yogurt and berries.
Just a few action shots…
Bubbles will appear in the batter when the pancake is ready to be flipped.
I hope you all have a fantastic 4th of July!
What are your plans for Independence Day???