Happy Memorial Day everyone!
Let me start by saying that I have the most incredible friends. My good friends, Ashley and Hosanna, took me to Hermosa Beach for a birthday extravaganza yesterday. The girls know I recently started living a fit, healthy life, so they planned a day full of health conscience festivities.
We started our Adventure for the Soul at The Spot. A natural food restaurant which Hosanna had heard rave reviews about.
I ordered the teriyaki veggie burger, but of course, I had food envy for what the girls order: a guacamole veggie burger and almond rice salad.
After we got our munch on, we walked the strip to the Hermosa Fiesta Festival. (I must admit Hosanna gets credit for the title of this post).
The festival had hundreds of booths, a beer garden, live music, and all with an easy, breezy, beachy atmosphere. I was excited to see a variety of natural products. I picked up a few aromatherapy soy candles, which smelled amazing, by Natural Body & Bath. Then we stumbled upon this gem, World Flavorz Spice & Tea Co:
A beautiful sight for the eyes and a delightful smell to the nose. Stephanie was nice to let me get behind to booth for a few photos. I was impressed by the arrangement of spices and teas they had available, and purchased the strawberry, kiki fruit tea and the mojito green tea. During college I started drinking green tea, and I can’t seem to miss a morning without it. I love that green tea has low caffeine levels, so I don’t crash mid-morning. As far as things to be addicted to go, green tea is a pretty good one… here are some of the health benefits:
- Cancer fighting antioxidants. Green tea contains catachins which combine with free radical cancer causing cells to form healthy cells.
- Lowers the risk of heart disease and stroke. Green tea helps relax blood vessels, which helps regulate changes in blood pressure and prevent the formation of clots that cause heart attacks and strokes.
- Weight Loss. A few studies have shown that green tea helps fight obesity and lower LDL cholesterol.
- Diminishes bone loss. Green tea may reduce the risk of bone fractures and bone loss through it’s antioxiant and anti-inflammatory qualities.
- Kills tooth decay causing bacteria. The catachin found in green tea is antibacterial.
- Helps delay dementia. Studies have shown that green tea protects brain cells from dying and may help restore damaged brain cells.
After the Fiesta Festival, the girls and I headed to the beach for some relaxing in the sun. They also showed me how to play bocce ball, which is my new favorite beach game!
Ashley is officially a professional bocce baller!
All in all, I had a marvelous time with my girls yesterday. For all of the local birds without any Memorial Day plans, I highly recommend you stop by the Hermosa Fiesta Festival today. You won’t regret it!
Now for the RANDOM GIVEAWAY WINNER!
The winner is:
Holly who said, “Chia seeds are the best! This pudding looks great! I love the chocolate and mint combo.” Email your info to jillienne [at] chasingraspberries [dot] com and I will send these seeds out to you right away.