Four years ago today, I was married to the most incredible man! The Bear and I were married in an elope/destination style wedding on the beach of Oahu, Hawaii. Our wedding was so special. We were surrounded by close friends, family, and nature. I wouldn’t change a thing about it looking back.
Wedding Photography by Stephanie Fay
Our wedding cake was the most delicious cake I have ever eaten. It was coconut flavored cake with a pineapple filling! It was also beautiful…
In honor of our anniversary, I made Hawaiian Anniversary Cookies. Since our wedding cake was flavored with coconut and pineapple, I decided to take these very Hawaiian ingredients and turn them into cookies.
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup Truvia for baking
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup pineapple puree (blend pineapple chunks in a blender until smooth)
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Combine in a large bowl all the dry ingredients: shredded coconut, coconut flour, Truvia, baking soda, salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: eggs, coconut oil, and pineapple puree.
- Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Using a tablespoon, create 16 balls out of the dough.
- Flatten the balls onto a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes
Before and after baking. The Bear sneaked a cookie before I could get the after shot…
The Bear and I happen to share the same anniversary as my Grandparents, whom I’m very close to. Today is my Grandparent’s 60th wedding anniversary! Happy Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa!!! You have set a great example of a loving, happy marriage.
I look forward to the day the Bear and I celebrate our 60th anniversary. The last four years have been filled with love, happiness, and new adventures. On our wedding day a turtle came up to wish us good luck! I think it was an omen to a loving, lasting marriage!
Time to celebrate!
One the night of our engagement, the Bear took me to a fantastic fondue restaurant in La Jolla. Over the years, it has become our little tradition to dine at a fondue restaurant on our anniversary. Since we have fondue about once a year, I’m so excited for the Melting Pot tonight! I’ll try to sneak a few photos to share on Instagram!