I am not ready for summer to be over! Sure, it is still in the high 80s in SoCal, but I don’t want the colder weather to start! (Yes, I said that like a complaining toddler!) This summer will go down in the books as one of the best of all time thanks to my half marathon and duathlon training! I just can’t give it up yet. Luckily, the end of summer comes with the start of fall, which means Halloween (this girl’s favorite holiday), pumpkins, and indoor grilling!
Today we are going to take the grilling indoors with a Grilled Pesto Veggie Wrap. As I mentioned several times in the last few posts, I have quite a few yummy recipes for you thanks to my CSA box. This recipe was inspired by my favorite restaurant vegan Real Food Daily. I love this recipe because of how simple it is. You know I love the simple recipes!
Over the last few weeks I have been eating a ton of zucchini and eggplant. So much so, that the Bear has banned both of those things. You may remember my Grilled Stuff Zucchini recipe from my guest post. Well today, I am taking zucchini in a new direction. I am still going to grill it, along with its friend eggplant, but then I am going to top it with yummy vegan pesto and wrap it up in a whole wheat tortilla.
- 1 small eggplant, thinnly sliced
- 1 small yellow zucchini, thinnly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinnly sliced
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- 3 kale leaves
- 8 tablespoons vegan pesto
- 3 whole wheat tortillas
- Over medium-high heat, grilled the eggplant and zucchini on a griddle for 3 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, heat another griddle over medium-high and grill the onion for 5 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and kale. Grill for 2 minutes.
- Heat the whole wheat tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Top each tortilla with ⅓ of the eggplant, zucchini, onion, tomatoes, and kale.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegan pesto to each tortilla and enjoy!
The best thing about this recipe is that it is completely vegan! Check out my vegan pesto recipe from this post.
What is your favorite vegan recipe? Are you ready for summer to be over?