I must admit that I have been somewhat of a scourge this season. I am probably the only person who doesn’t have a Christmas tree yet. For some reason I haven’t gotten into the holiday spirit, but I am trying! I even whipped out some of the decorations last weekend! The stockings are hung but the chestnuts are definitely not roasting. However, I did make chocolate peppermint protein bark!
- ⅔ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder (I used brown rice)
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate cocoa powder
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 8 crushed peppermint candies
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 drops of stevia
- In a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients.
- Taste for sweetness and flavor. You may want to add a few more drops of stevia or a teaspoon of cocoa powder.
- Pour the mixture into a 8×8 inch square baking pan lined with cling wrap.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Once frozen, break the bark into chunks and enjoy!
- Store the protein bark in an airtight container in the fridge.
I made a batch of this protein bark on Friday while the Bear was at work. After settling in after arriving home from work, the Bear went to the fridge for a pre-dinner snack. From the kitchen I hear, “Hey babe, this peppermint bark is really good!” Even the Bear, who absolutely despises protein powder, loved this recipe!!! He couldn’t tell there was protein powder in it! I knew I had a winner! (I get excited over the small things… pardon the exclamation marks!)
Sometimes when I am unsure of a recipe it turns out to be one of my best, yet when I am pumped about a recipe it turns out to be a disaster. It’s funny how that happens…this recipe was a happy surprise. I hope you enjoy it!
Question: When was the last time you were surprised by how a recipe turned out?