A few weeks ago Tasty Bite contacted me to try out a few of their products. Tasty Bite offers instant Indian entrees, Asian noodles, and rices. And I have to say, the Bear and I loved every single packet! The best part is that Tasty Bite packets have no preservatives or artificial flavors! Here is the proof:
Tasty Bite sent me Kung Pao, Pad Thai, Channa Masala, Madras Lentils, Ginger Lentil Rice, and my favorite, Thai Lime Rice.
This week we ate the noodles with a few extra fresh veggies like eggplant, carrots, and zucchini. Even though the packet says there are two servings, the Bear and I each ate our own packet because we were hungry! Both the Kung Pao and Pad Thai have about 500 calories per packet, which is not too bad for a dinner.
Over the weekend, I also made a favorite recipe of mine, Thai BBQ Chicken, with the Thai Lime Rice. Normally the recipe calls for rice noodles, but the Tasty Bite rice was delicious!
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 packets Tasty Bite Thai Lime Rice
- 1 cooked chicken breast
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 cup snowpeas
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 celery sticks, cut into thin strips
- 1 handful mint
- Combine honey, tamari, lime juice, shallot, ginger and chili in a small bowl.
- Shred chicken breast and cover with BBQ sauce.
- Steam snowpeas in saucepan of boiling water for one minute until tender.
- Cook Tasty Bite Thai rice in the microwave for 90 seconds each.
- Add bean sprouts, celery, mint leaves, dressing, chicken, and snow peas to the Tasty Bite Thai rice. Serve and Enjoy!
The BBQ chicken adds a little something special to this dish.
After my trip to Sacramento on Friday, I wanted a quick dinner when I got home. I decided to eat the Madras Lentils. Oh my! They were good and tasted exactly like my favorite chili from Whole Foods. Tasty Bite packets really are perfect for a dinner in a pinch.
The funny thing is that I had a packet of Channa Masala in my pantry and did not even realize it! I have been eating Tasty Bite packets for months now!
Since I enjoyed the Tasty Bite packets so much, I figured I would share with my readers. I will be giving away the four Tasty Bite packages in the picture above. Be sure to use Rafflecopter to enter the giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The winner will be announced Friday.
Have you ever tried Tasty Bite packets? What’s your favorite dinner in a pinch?